Shop
   

 Home > Fire Stories > Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue

Club owner prosecuted for breaching fire regulations
written by Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue on the 07th June 2017 at 16:53

The owner of a private member's club in Sunderland has pleaded guilty of failing to comply with the requirements of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. Kathrine High, the sole trader of Vivente on Hudson Road in the city, appeared at Sunderland's Magistrates Court this morning. Acting on information from the public, officers from Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service inspected the premises on 22nd April 2015 and found several contraventions of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The Court found that Kathrine High had failed in her duties to take general fire precautions; carry out a Fire Risk Assessment; provide appropriate measures for fire detection, and provision of clear and available emergency routes and exits. Assistant Chief Fire Officer, Alan Robson, from Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service, said: "It is always our preferred option to work closely with the business community to provide fire safety education and information. But where necessary we will not hesitate to exercise our legal powers to ensure the safety of the public. "We would also like to reassure the public that we will act on any information they provide and take the appropriate action. If you would like to contact Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service, please call 0191 444 1500." Fire safety advice for businesses Businesses wishing to get further Fire Safety advice should visit: http://www.twfire.gov.uk/business-safety
 Originally posted at http://www.twfire.gov.uk/news/news/?entryid67=87748...

Similar Stories

Club owner sentenced for breaching fire regulations Posted on 10th August 2017
Former Sunderland restaurant owner pleads guilty to breaching Fire Safety Regulations. Posted on 25th March 2014
Former Sunderland restaurant owner pleads guilty to breaching Fire Safety Regulations. Posted on 25th March 2014
Former Sunderland restaurant sentenced for breaching fire safety regulations Posted on 20th May 2014
Call 79: Van Fire 25th April 2011 Posted on 25th April 2011