Northumbria's PCC joins Fire Authority
written by Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue on the 26th June 2017 at 15:01
Northumbria's Police and Crime Commissioner becomes a member of the Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Authority.
On Monday 19th June, Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Authority considered a request from the Police and Crime Commissioner to become a Member of the Authority, as enabled by the Policing and Crime Act 2017.
The Authority considered that closer working with the Police and Crime Commissioner would ensure:
• continued collaboration between Police, Fire and Rescue Services;
• further opportunities for sharing premises, support services and joint procurement;
• greater alignment of the Police and Crime Plan and the Integrated Risk Management Plan;
• further opportunities for joint public consultation on service changes and developments;
• a shared focus on mutually agreed areas of targeted community risk.
The Authority therefore agreed the request and invited the Police and Crime Commissioner to join.
The Chairman said, “Looking to the future we need to implement innovative solutions to the financial challenges we may face. By continuing to work closely and collaborate with the Police and Crime Commissioner we will bring further savings across both emergency services
We will endeavour to manage our resources effectively resulting in a safer community for our residents.”
Further information about the fire authority is available here.
Originally posted at http://www.twfire.gov.uk/news/news/?entryid67=87951...