Shop
   

 Home > Fire Stories > Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue

Cat rescued from chimney
written by Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue on the 08th September 2017 at 10:15

Crew Manager Stuart Hall and Firefighter Natalie Ahmed carried out a 'purr-fect' operation on Wednesday to rescue a cat stuck up a chimney. They used an aerial ladder platform to bring to safety Lacy the cat, who had been on the chimney in Gateshead, unable to get down for more than 24 hours. Lacy was then returned to her owner, no doubt reflecting on having used up one of her nine lives. Congratulations to Blue Watch for their smooth work, good to know this 'tail' had a happy ending. #notjustfires
 Originally posted at http://www.twfire.gov.uk/news/news/?entryid67=88728...

Similar Stories

349 Shropshire chimney fires in two years Posted on 27th November 2012
Call 186: Chimney 3rd Nov 2012 Posted on 03rd November 2012
We have attended 18 chimney fires since Christmas Eve. Don't let yours be next. Posted on 06th January 2015
National chimney fire safety week Posted on 10th September 2013
Call 1: Chimney Fire 4th Jan 2014 Posted on 04th January 2014